- If you get married, stay married.
- Have large families. Adopt.
- Live near your church and next to others who believe as you do. If necessary, downsize.
- Don’t let Hollywood raise your children. Use Christian streaming services.
- Raise your children with those in the BenOp community.
- Eat meals together as a family and with the larger BenOp community.
- Start a Trail Life group for boys.
- Start an American Heritage Girls group.
- Throw weekend parties for your BenOp community’s families. Rent a bounce house, add a sprinkler, a slip and slide, and grill some food.
- Pray as a family and pray as a community.
- Learn liturgical prayers and contemplative prayers.
- Read the Bible as a family.
- Be at church as often as possible. Volunteer and join groups. If these opportunities don’t exist, start them yourself.
- Actually practice a Sunday sabbath – no rec league games, no lake days, no rounds of golf, no shopping – spend the day with you family, your church family, and the Lord.
- Practice communal fasting.
- Create a Rule of Life you can follow – prayer times, fasting days, Bible study, etc.
- Arrange your life around the Christian calendar. Stop arranging your life around a calendar that celebrates commercialized holidays.
- Read You Are What You Love. Form your world so it forms you toward Christ.
- Know what Christian faith entails and then protect that truth in love.
- Resist – and do not attend churches that practice – alternative gospels. Some popular alternative gospels are the prosperity gospel, Moralistic Therapeutic Deism (MTD), or gospels that deny any aspect of the Apostles Creed, such as the bodily resurrection.
- Read about saints and martyrs.
- Go on a pilgrimage – Holy Land, Mt. Sinai and St. Catherine’s Monastery, Paul’s missionary routes, Santiago de Compostela, etc.
- Go on street processions as a church to pray over and bless your town, your city block, etc.
- Stop watching tv. Or, stop watching tv that isn’t educational or edifying.
- Get off social media.
- Stop playing video games.
- Do not buy your children smartphones.
- Minimize internet use.
- Limit the internet to a centralized and monitored family computer.
- De-sexualize your world. No pornography. Turn off images on your internet browser. Put an ad blocker on your computer. Don’t watch porn-lite television.
- Things to do instead of television, video games, or social media: garden, read or listen to a book, jigsaw puzzle, knit, toss a football or Frisbee, take your kids to a playground, parlor games, board games, card games, learn the art of storytelling, go on a picnic, hike, learn to paint or draw, play a musical instrument, etc.
- Send your kids to or start a Classical Christian Academy.
- Homeschool your kids.
- Read through the Great Books.
- Read to you kids and let them read from the Thousand Good Books.
- Start a Christian Library.
Commerce and Careers
- Make career choices that keep your family in one place.
- Start a Christian business. Employ Christians.
- Publish a church directory that lists all members’ business. Patronize them.
- Resist consumerism – do not continuously buy the latest tech or upgrade to the new model.
- Live below your means.
- Become debt-free.
- Careers that are safer from automation or morally compromising situations: electrician, mechanic, plumber, policemen, construction, dentists, heavy machinery technician, electronics technician, veterinarian, landscaping, dry cleaners, occupational therapist, caretaker, pharmacist, auto body shop.
- Volunteer at and monetarily support crisis pregnancy centers. Care Net, Birthright International, and Heartbeat International.
- Use Christian healthcare.
- Embrace the counter cultural nature of Christianity. Jesus, Paul, and all the NT authors warn that we we will be hated for our beliefs. Accept that role. Accept that we will not have political or cultural authority.